Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Favorite Wrestler Lost...

A few days ago I was in my second floor office working when I heard the unfortunately familiar sound of Winston, my seven year-year old, coming up the stairs moaning. Those of you who have kids know this moan. It's the one that sounds like a whale that has been shoved into a can of soda.

This usually means he's been hurt by one of his brothers (shocking, I know). Except this time he had actual tears coming out.

He walked up to me, placed his head on my shoulder and with the saddest voice told me he was super sad.

I asked who had beat him up this time?

No one had beat him up he replied. Then he said, in one sentence, "I'm sad because we were watching WWE and my favorite wrestler Ray Mysterio was wrestling in a cage lost and he got into a big fight with someone and he was almost going to win but then he lost." As he said it a fresh round of tears squirted out.

Sometimes I forget just how little he still is. Moments like this one help remind me.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

    How awesomely adorable is that?!?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete